"Sometimes inspiration hits me in the studio, when I have the fabric in my hand and my mind is flowing. Sometimes I get an idea and have to hunt for the perfect fabric. It's the creative process - very hard to predict."
"You can really push the limits with your design. Do anything with any fabric you choose. I don't let the rules of the past define me. No one should." ~ML Marsh
- Medium Jersey - "The small amount of stretch and nice body make this fabric a versatile workhorse, good for basics – tees, dresses, button down shirts, shorts, casual pants, sportswear, the list goes on..."
- 1x1 Rib Knit - "This fabric has recovery without the element of spandex and it is good for any body-conscious design and fit. It's one of my favorite fabrics to work with because you can tailor it, but it's also very comfortable and easy to wear and design."
- French Terry - "On one side French Terry has the nubby texture of a sweater, and on the other it is smooth like a heavy jersey. It is a great fabric to tailor, as it holds a shape well, and is excellent for jackets and hoodies because it is quite warm, working like a thermal with a layer of trapped air. It also has wool-like qualities, which make it great for skirts and warm casual pants."
- Interlock - "Because it has the same finish on both sides, you can work interlock like a very soft ribknit. It has the stretch of rib, with the look of jersey. Soft and comfy, it is a mainstay for baby clothes and blankets, pullovers, dresses, and skirts. It's a staple fabric."
- Ribbed Thermal - "An obvious choice for winter clothing because of the warmth, Ribbed Thermal can also work in the summer because of its lighter weight. What makes it really special is the texture that gives it a surface interest. It works like a rib, insulates like a thermal, feels soft, and does not look like long underwear!"
- Heavy Fleece - "Brushed on one side, smooth on the other, and with great body, this fabric is a staple for warm-weather sportswear. From jackets, to pants, to dresses in fleece, it is very easy to sew with and combines well with rib."
- Medium-Weight Fleece - "Works the same as heavy fleece except that the lighter weight gives you more flexibility. It also works well for people in warmer climates and the price-conscious individual."
- 1x1 Rib Stripe - "Not for the fashion wallflower, stripes can be a great way to get noticed. Stripes can be used as a accent to accentuate a classic design, or for a more forward and fun-full garment. Stripes are also fantastic for babies' and men's tees, or women's tank tops. I find that a narrow silhouette compliments a stripe better."